HeadlineSports

Kenya Marathon Star Kiptum’s Funeral Brought Forward to Friday  

The funeral for Kenyan world marathon record-holder Kelvin Kiptum, who was killed in a car crash this month, has been brought forward to Friday, the country’s athletics federation said.

Kiptum’s death, just a few months after he smashed the world marathon record and before the Paris Olympics shocked his home country and the world of athletics.

“Kelvin will be laid to rest on Friday, 23rd February 2024 at his home in Chepkorio Village, Elgeyo Marakwet,” Athletics Kenya said in a statement on Tuesday.

Last week, officials had said he would be buried on February 24, with the government promising a “heroic farewell” to the young marathon star.

A Kenyan athletics official told AFP on Tuesday that the funeral would be a “state function” with President William Ruto’s attendance and was brought forward by a day because of his schedule.

TV360 Nigeria

Nigeria's first exclusive online television news channel. We strongly uphold journalistic principles of TRUTH, BALANCE & FAIRNESS in our reportage & we believe there is no one side to a story.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *