EntertainmentHeadlineNews

Matthew Perry’s Death Caused By Accidental Ketamine Overdose

In a tragic turn of events, actor Matthew Perry, renowned for his role as Chandler Bing on the beloved TV sitcom “Friends,” has passed away at the age of 54.

The Los Angeles County Medical Examiner’s office confirmed that Perry’s demise was a result of “the acute effects of ketamine.” Perry was discovered unconscious in his Los Angeles home swimming pool in October.

The actor had battled addiction to various substances, including ketamine, for several decades.

Despite reportedly being clean for 19 months leading up to his passing, the contributory factors in Perry’s death included drowning, coronary artery disease, and the effects of buprenorphine.

 The medical examiner ruled the manner of death as accidental.

Ketamine, known for its numbing and hallucinogenic effects, is sometimes used illicitly as a recreational drug.

In medical settings, it serves as an anesthetic, and ongoing research explores its potential applications in mental health treatment.

In his memoirs, Perry candidly wrote about his reliance on ketamine during challenging periods of addiction.

The actor acknowledged the drug’s ability to ease pain and help with depression, describing the experience as “like being hit in the head with a giant happy shovel.”

However, he also noted the rough hangover associated with its use. Perry’s passing underscores the complexities of addiction and its profound impact on individuals, even after periods of recovery.

Share this:

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button