
Bayern Munich striker Harry Kane says negotiations over a new contract with the Bundesliga champions are expected to begin soon, with his current deal running until 2027.
Speaking to reporters at a media event in Munich on Monday, the 33-year-old England captain said discussions had been postponed until after his post-World Cup break but would now get underway.
“I’m not sure exactly when, but they’ll start this week or next week,” Kane said of the extension talks.
“We’re calm, they’re calm with the situation. Obviously now’s the time to start talking, because with only a year left it’s important.
“But both sides are relaxed and I’m pretty sure there’ll be talks this week or next week.”
Kane joined Bayern from Tottenham in 2023 on a four-year contract and has since won two Bundesliga titles and the German Cup. He has also helped the club reach two Champions League semi-finals in three seasons, scoring 146 goals in 147 appearances across all competitions.
Bayern have consistently expressed their desire to retain Kane, previously describing him as their “best transfer ever”. Reports in Germany suggest a new deal could keep him at the club until at least 2029.
Meanwhile, German World Cup winner Lothar Matthaeus has backed Kane to win the Ballon d’Or in October after his outstanding season, which saw him score 61 goals in 51 matches.
“(Kane) delivered outstanding performances and, in my opinion, didn’t have a single weak spell,” Matthaeus wrote in a column for Sky Germany.
Bayern will begin their title defence against Borussia Dortmund in the season-opening Supercup on Saturday.




