The Niger State Police Command says its investigating the death of some women at Rijau town, in Rijau Local Government Area of the state.
The women, seven in number reportedly died from inhaling generator fumes.
On Friday at about 08:15 a.m, one Muhammed Bello reported the discovery of their bodies inside Afrash Beauty Saloon located along Bawa Rijau road.
Adamu Usman, the state Commissioner of Police who confirmed the incident said “Preliminary investigation revealed that the ladies slept with generator on inside the shop.
“We have successfully removed the seven corpses to General Hospital Tunga Magaji for autopsy, while the case is under investigation,” Usman said.
The Commissioner of police advised residents to always adopt proactive measures while using generators to avoid unnecessary loss of lives and property.