Obaseki’ll soon join us, no automatic ticket –Edo PDP chair

352

Edo state Governor Godwin Obaseki is set to join the Peoples Democratic Party.

Edo State Chairman of the PDP, Tony Aziegbemi, confirmed this on Monday saying: “I can confirm to you that the governor, his deputy, and the entire APC structure in the state will be joining the PDP soon.”

He however said Obaseki would not be given an automatic ticket to fly the party’s flag, as other aspirants had shown interest in the same position.

“There is nothing like an automatic ticket for anybody; it is like that in any democratic environment, and there is a process as laid down by the constitution of the party and that we will follow.

“But I can confirm to you that the governor, his deputy, and the entire APC structure in the state will be joining the PDP soon. We have been in touch in the last few days; by tomorrow (today), I will be able to confirm the exact date he will be joining with his team.”

Obaseki was disqualified from contesting the governorship primary of the All Progressives Congress slated for June 22nd.

The PDP has fixed its governorship primary for June 19th and 20th.



Aneta Felix

Aneta Felix is a seasoned broadcast journalist and versatile content producer with an interest in reporting on human and gender rights, insecurity, corruption, and development among others. She has over five years of progressive experience, working across online, radio, and TV platforms, reporting the Boko Haram insurgency in Adamawa state, covering elections across the country and interviewing CEOs of multi-million dollar companies. Aneta is also the producer and presenter of the business documentary program, Startups, on TV360 Nigeria. She is a graduate of International Studies and Diplomacy from the University of Benin and is based in Lagos Nigeria.


One thought on “Obaseki’ll soon join us, no automatic ticket –Edo PDP chair

  1. AvatarDr Pat Kolawole Awosan

    Governoir Godwin Obaseki, his deputy, and meagre -members of APC, in Edo State, have long isolated his faction of Edo State APC, from the core Edo State APC generality. Even, look at the newly constructed Edo State teaching hospital, built by former governor comrade Adam Oshiomole, in which Godwin Obaseki, was part of the team under comrade Adam Oshiomole, that recommended supply of modern equipment, that 75% was paid to the medical equipment supply company,which governor Godwin Obaseki, refused to complete the remaining 25% payment since almost four years, in office, and the continuing locked up, of the modern teaching hospital.
    What can governor Gowin Obaseki, campaign on as his physical infrastructural projects initiates and constructed to date? Edo STate APC members, have been isolated and turned outright outcast, members of APC in Edo STate, ever since the inauguration of Godwin Obaseki, as governor of Edo State, just like his Ondo State counterpart,governor Rotimi Akeredolu, too, isolates Ondo State APC-members since inauguration four years ago.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *