Federal Government promises resumption of Abuja-Kaduna train service by November, eight months after train attack

161

The Federal Government has disclosed that train services on the Abuja-Kaduna rail line will resume in November.

The Minister of Transportation, Mu’azu Sambo, made this known on Monday while giving the score card of his ministry in Abuja.

Sambo said adequate security had been put in place to ensure the safety of passengers, he however, did not specify the date of the rail’s commencement of service.

The minister also added that a system has been put in place that will ensure prompt monitoring of movements on the rail tracks.

Sambo said: ”Like you said, yes, indeed, lessons have been learned. And these lessons will be put into place.
”What are the lessons, safety and security surveillance, constant monitoring 24/7 and 7 days a week, 12 months a year, all around the clock.
”The Minister should be able to sit in his office and look at the rail corridor and see what is happening there.
”The president should be able to do that. The director-general of the State Security Service (SSS) should be able to do that and so on and all other security agencies.
“These are the measures we have put in place. Nobody will again shave our heads behind our backs.
”This month of November, we shall resume that service. Remember, I told you that we will not resume this service until every Nigerian held in captivity was reunited with their families,” he said.
The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) had suspended train service along the route after Boko Haram terrorists attacked a moving passenger train in Kaduna on March 28, 2022.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *